If you are pregnant
, have been previously inactive, or suffer from any medical conditions
, it is recommended that you seek medical advice before commencing vigorous
- Stop exercising if you experience pain, discomfort, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, chest pain, irregular heart beat, shortness of breath, or clammy hands.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Set realistic short-term and long-term goals.
- Find and follow a program that meets your specific activity goals.
Vigorous Physical Activity:
“Vigorous” implies activity that makes you “huff and puff”, for example where talking in full sentences between breaths is difficult. Vigorous activity can come from sports such as football, squash, netball and basketball and activities such as aerobics, circuit training, speed walking, jogging, fast cycling or brisk rowing.